Checklist for moving
There are a lot of things to remember when moving. Please use the checklists created to help tenants move in or out of a Heka apartment.
For new tenants
Welcome to your new home! We hope that you will enjoy a pleasant and worry-free stay with us. Before settling in, please consider and take care of the following responsibilities of a new tenant:
- The instructions for the moving day and how to pick up the keys will be provided to you after signing the rental agreement.
- Submit a statutory move notification to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency no earlier than a month before your moving day and no later than a week after moving. You must also notify the Digital and Population Data Services Agency of a temporary residency if it lasts longer than three months.
- Sign an electricity contract for your apartment well before the moving day.
- Report your new address to your workplace, your children’s daycare centre, the bank and other parties that require your address.
- Get home insurance that meets your needs, or update your current insurance to cover the new home.
- If you wish, you can agree with Posti on a fixed-term forwarding of your mail to the new address.
- Heka adds your name to the list of occupants by the entrance of the building. If you want your name on the apartment door, please contact Heka’s customer service.
Do a moving-in inspection
Do a moving-in inspection in the apartment and fill in the relevant form on the Resident Portal within 14 days of the start date of the lease agreement. If you cannot use the e-services, please request a paper form from our customer service.
Check out the property-specific services and shared spaces
Heka’s website and the Resident Portal provide information on the common areas and services for the building. You can also contact your tenant committee. They will provide you with information on, for example, the reservation of club rooms and cooperation between residents.
If you cannot find information on the laundry room’s location and other common facilities on the Resident Portal, please contact Heka’s customer service.
Do you need a parking space or a sauna reservation? Check out the extra housing services available and read the reservation instructions.
Moving out of a Heka apartment
If you are moving out of a Heka apartment, terminate your rental and other agreements in good time, submit a move notification, and agree to return the keys.
Submit the required move notifications
Submit a statutory notification of move to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency. Remember that move notifications submitted to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency will not be forwarded to Heka. Please report any person moving out of a Heka apartment separately, primarily via the Resident Portal.
Return all keys to your apartment and the property
Return all apartment keys and other property keys in your possession, including keys to shared facilities, garage keys, car electric outlet keys and laundry room keys, according to Heka’s instructions. Also, if you have installed a security lock on the door and leave it in place when you move out, leave the keys with us.
Terminate your electricity contract to avoid unnecessary payments after moving out. Update your home insurance to the new address.
Remember moving-out cleaning
The final cleaning of the apartment upon the termination of the rental agreement is the responsibility of the tenant moving out. If the moving-out cleaning is neglected, Heka has the right to charge the tenant as per the valid damage price list.
When moving out, be sure to remove all your belongings from the apartment, storage cage, balcony and bicycle and pushchair storage facilities.
Items no longer needed must not be left in the waste collection point or the staircase but taken to a Sortti Station or recycling centre.
To-do list for a moving-out cleaning
- Vacuum the floors, wipe them clean with detergent and remove any stains.
- Wipe down the doors, walls, cabinets, shelves, drawers, door frames and surfaces and remove any stains.
- Wash the windows from the inside and, weather permitting, from the outside.
- Clean the air vents located either on a wall or a window frame.
- Clean the stove and oven, and pull out the stove to vacuum and clean behind it.
- Clean the wire oven racks and oven trays.
- Defrost and clean the fridge and freezer.
- Switch off the fridge and freezer, and leave the doors open.
- Clean the kitchen hood and extractor fan (if any).
- Remove and clean the grease filter of the kitchen hood (if any).
- Clean the kitchen sink.
- Empty and clean the bins.
- Wipe down the cabinets, drawers and surfaces on the inside and outside.
- Clean the mirrors and other surfaces.
- Clean the toilet bowl and sink.
- Wipe down the walls and floors.
- Clean the floor drain.
- Wipe down any laundry cabinet.
- Clean the sauna benches and floor (if the apartment has a sauna).
- Empty and clean.
- If you have put in deck tiles, cat netting or similar on the balcony/patio, remove them and restore the space to its original state.
- Put lamp socket plates or plugs and screw terminals in their places.
- All lamps in fixtures, such as the oven and kitchen hood, must be in working order.
- If you have put in mirror tiles, the tiles must be removed and, if necessary, the wall surface restored.
- If you notice any irregularities in the surface materials of the wet room or leaking plumbing fixtures during cleaning, submit a defect notification immediately.
- Dispose of unnecessary furniture and hazardous waste by taking it to the appropriate recycling facility. The building’s waste collection point is for household waste only.
Returning the apartment to its original state
The apartment must be returned in all respects to the state in which it was before the tenant’s independent alterations unless otherwise agreed upon with Heka.
If you have installed a door chain, peephole or security lock on your door and do not want to leave them in place, install the appropriate cover pieces on the door and tidy any traces left by the door chain.
If you have installed your own dishwasher in the apartment, return the removed original cabinet to its place in the kitchen. To avoid water damage, ensure the water sewer connections are appropriately plugged when removing the dishwasher and washing machine. For more information on plugging, please contact Heka.
Leave the permitted own structures and plantings in the apartment yard in place when you move out unless agreed otherwise with Heka.
We will check the apartment’s condition at the end of the rental agreement. We will charge the tenant for any damage through negligence or wilful intent.
The tenant is not responsible for the normal wear and tear of the apartment. By law, the tenant must promptly report any damage during the tenancy. Failure to report damage may lead to the tenant becoming liable for the costs of repairing the damage.