If you find a home among the Heka apartments, you will receive a housing offer from Stadin asunnot. After that, you will be in contact with Heka’s regional office.
The tenants for Heka apartments are selected by Stadin asunnot, the housing agency of the City of Helsinki’s housing services.
The process of becoming a tenant
- If your apartment seeking yields results, you will receive a housing offer from Rental apartment search.
- Submit the attachments requested in the housing offer to Stadin asunnot within three days of receiving the offer. After this, you will receive a confirmed housing offer.
- Make an appointment for a viewing of the apartment with Heka’s regional office. The regional office is determined based on the location of the apartment. The regional office is identified in the housing offer.
- If the apartment meets your needs and you wish to rent it, accept the confirmed housing offer within three days of receiving it. You should notify the regional office of your acceptance of the offer immediately after visiting the apartment and finding it to your liking. So please contact the regional office without delay and make an appointment for signing the rental agreement.
- In conjunction with signing the rental agreement, you should also agree upon possible other rental and user agreements, such as those for a parking space, regular sauna reservations or use of the laundry room. We do not require a security deposit from our tenants.
- A notice is simultaneously submitted to the register of occupants, listing all the occupants who are moving into the apartment.
- When signing the rental agreement, you can also receive other advice relating to your new apartment at the same time.
- Pick up the keys to the apartment from the regional office on the day you move in. Agree on the moving day and the pick-up of the keys in advance with your regional office.
Enjoy your new home!