Heka’s new location, Tullivuorentie 22, is top of the class
The new Heka apartments on Tullivuorentie offer environmentally friendly and energy-efficient housing less than a kilometre from Malmi station and on the bank of the best-known brown trout brook in the country.
Heka’s new location on Tullivuorentie was completed on 1 February, and its tenants have been able to move into their new homes.
– Our buildings certainly do stand out in the area, boasts Project Manager Kalevi Väänänen from the City of Helsinki’s Housing Production Department. He was in charge of the new location’s construction.
The location’s tenants definitely agree.
The sturdy brick slip facade of the new location’s apartment buildings and terraced houses bathes in the spring sunlight. Thanks to the larch floor of the fully glazed balconies, it is not too cold on the balconies when the sun is shining warmly, even if it is still freezing outside.
– Larch is a good match with brick, muses Väänänen, who is profuse in his praise of the location’s architectural design.
It is difficult to believe that the location, which is situated next to a peaceful area of detached houses, is less than a kilometre away from Malmi station and the services of the centre of Malmi. The 68 new Heka homes are situated in the two-storey terraced houses and two five-storey apartment buildings surrounding the yard. The same yard is also shared by four owner-occupied apartment buildings that are identical to the Heka buildings.
With the coming of spring, the comfortable courtyard comes into its own. From the terraces of the terraced houses, you can run directly to the playground and common area.
– The apartment layouts are good for families with children, says Väänänen.
The energy economy of the new buildings is also top class. The energy class A classification given to the new Heka location is still a rarity. It means that the building uses a lot less energy than required by current building regulations.
– The roof is also fitted with solar panels that generate electricity for the property, says Väänänen.
The Tullivuorentie location is one of Heka’s ten new locations that have been awarded green financing by MuniFin as recognition for energy-efficient construction. According to the assessment team, Heka’s locations represented a good energy efficiency level that was achieved with good design and building service choices. The locations that have received green financing have invested significantly in being environmentally friendly.
During the years-long contract, even the construction professional himself became charmed by his worksite.
– This is a peaceful neighbourhood surrounded by nature, with good opportunities for physical activity, and then we have the much talked about brown trout brook, says Väänänen.
At the corner of the buildings flows Longinoja, perhaps the best-known brook in Finland. Today, the endangered sea trout of the Gulf of Finland swims up to spawn in the brook, which was rehabilitated through the voluntary efforts of the locals. Longinoja now forms a comfortable park area, and you can practise sports ranging from beach volley to tennis in the Ala-Malmi Sports Park, which is located by the brook.
In the future, the Ala-Malmi area will evolve year after year. The transformation of the nearby airport area from runways to a city of 25,000 people will start in 2021. It will bring new services, jobs and a light rail line.
Take a video tour of the Heka location on Tullivuorentie:
- Construction started on the plots in spring 2018, and the location was completed on 1 February 2021.
- Two five-storey apartment buildings with a total of 56 apartments, and two terraced houses
- with 12 two-storey apartments.
- All apartments have a glazed balcony or terrace; the terraces of the terraced houses open up to a common yard.
- 35 parking spaces, 12 guest parking spaces.
- Shared facilities: laundry room and drying room; club room with access to the courtyard; sauna equipped with a terrace; storage space with apartment-specific storage lockers; storage space for prams; storage space for sports equipment.
- Yard: playground, common area, stormwater garden.
- Maintenance and building management: Heka northeastern office
A total of 68 apartments
Two-storey apartments in terraced houses
5 rms + kit 83 m² 7 pcs
5 rms + kit 90 m² 5 pcs
Apartments in apartment buildings
1 rm + kit 34.5 m² 16 pcs
2 rms + kit 44 m² 6 pcs
3 rms + kit 46.5 m² 16 pcs
4 rms + kit 73 m² 8 pcs
5 rms + kit 76.5 m² 10 pcs